It’s no secret that I’m not a fan of Thanksgiving; haven’t been in over 20 years, but that doesn’t mean I’m not thankful. I’m full of gratitude each and every day, not just once out of the year. I have huge hang-ups with the idea of Thanksgiving, but I also find the positives. Here are a few:
- I’m thankful the Dallas Cowboys play every year on Turkey Day.
- I’m thankful to have so many awesome people in my life. That really helps this time of year when I’m feeling so down.
- I’m thankful my truck has an iPod port so I can jam my tunes when driving.
- I’m thankful my boss & I have similar political views, especially during election season.
- I’m thankful for the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that mysteriously appear on my nightstand. (Gifts from the Gods!) …or maybe from Dallas?
- I’m thankful for Texas. ‘Nuff said.
- I’m thankful there are at least 14 places in New Braunfels that sell ICEE’s.
- I’m thankful that Dallas came to my rescue when I accidentally locked the keys in the car this morning!
…and finally, I am thankful for this hilarious post that happened this morning!
Naturally, I have much, much more to be thankful for, but the point is…
Be grateful for the little things, the everyday things. There is always something, no matter how big or small that is positive, even in the negative.
Happy Thanksgiving, All!